Between February 6 and March 20, St. Monica will participate in a survey called the “Disciple Maker Index.” Developed by consulting company Catholic Leadership Institute and Measuring Success (an expert in parish, foundation and non-profit statistical analysis and advice), the “Index” measures the “spiritual health” of a parish and, this year, will be rolled out in the dioceses of Bridgeport, Fort Wayne – South Bend, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, Portland, Miami, St. Petersburg, Tulsa, Omaha, and Wichita.
Saint Monica was selected as one of only 10 parishes in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia to be chosen for the survey this year!
The DMI provides each individual parishioner the opportunity to reflect on their own spiritual growth and thus provide me and parish leadership invaluable insights regarding:
- Parish strengths and opportunities
- Setting priorities and allocating resources
- Moving parishioners forward on their journey of faith
- Energize the spiritual growth of St. Monica
It takes only 10-15 minutes to complete. A link to the on-line survey will be sent to you via email. It will be made available on-line, although paper versions will be available to people who do not have internet access.
Please note that your responses will be kept confidential and that neither the parish nor Catholic Leadership Institute will have access to individual survey responses.
I’m asking for three things from you:
- Take the survey! Every individual 18 years and older/ Don’t fill it out as a couple or family. We need individual input.
- Ask one parishioner if they have taken the survey. I want as many parishioners as possible asking others about it so we get a good response number.
- Ask another parishioner who has been away from the church, doesn’t trust the church, has been discouraged about the parish … to please take the survey. 3,200 people do not worship with us regularly. This will help me determine the issues, address their concerns and grow the vibrancy of the parish.
Thank you and God bless.
Father Charles Zlock