The Respect Life Ministry of Saint Monica Church
The mission of Saint Monica Respect Life Ministry is to support the miracle of life through all its stages. With compassion and mercy, we engage in prayer, peaceful witness, education and outreach to families in need. We welcome everyone to become involved in this important work.
Join our mailing list on Flocknote!
Our 2016-17 Activities
September 24-25, 2016 – Learn about the Legacy of Life Foundation’s Adopt a Family Program. NOTE: It’s never too late to help. For more information, contact Tobey Mathus at 215-788-4051.
September 28 – November 6, 2016 – Join the Fall 40 Days for Life Prayer Campaign and seek God’s favor to turn hearts and minds from a culture of death to a culture of life. Click here to signup for daily devotionals.
Sunday, October 23, 2016 – Attend a Memorial Service at Saint Monica Cemetery for all children lost to abortion.
Friday, January 27, 2017 – Join the 44th Annual National March for Life through your witness in one of these ways:
- Come with us on the bus trip for the Rally and National March for Life in Washington, DC. Families are especially welcome and children, accompanied by a parent, ride free! Click here to register.
- Encourage high school aged students to participate in the Youth Rally and Mass for Life in Washington, DC with Jason Carter, St. Monica’s Youth and Family Minister.
- Participate in a Holy Hour for Life at St. Monica Church from 1 – 2 pm, coincident with the march to the Supreme Court in Washington, D. C.
March 1 – April 9, 2017 – Join the Spring 40 Days for Life Prayer Campaign and seek God’s favor to turn hearts and minds from a culture of death to a culture of life. Click here to signup for daily devotionals.
Saturday, March 4 to Sunday, March 12, 2017 – Contribute to the Baby Supply Drive benefitting families supported by the Legacy of Life Foundation.
April 27, 2017 – Help prepare and/or deliver a mid-day meal, a Celebration Supper, for women in the Legacy of Life Foundation’s STAR (Self-Transformation And Renewal) Program. Contact Carole Filtz for more information.
You can be involved as much as you wish:
- Attend our meetings held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month.
- Sign-up for the parish Respect Life Ministry Flocknotes Group and receive quarterly updates.
- Contact Rosemary Friedrich or 610-688-4771 to get more frequent updates including monthly meeting minutes.
Contact Rosemary Friedrich or 610-688-4771.
“Caring for life from the beginning to the end. What a simple thing, what a beautiful thing…
So, go forth and don’t be discouraged. Care for life. It’s worth it.”
– from a homily in 2005 by Cardinal Bergoglio (now Pope Francis)
celebrating August 31st feast of Saint Raymond Nonnatus, patron saint of expectant mothers, newborns